Skip to content
- It can protect against unforeseen events that may cause you to cancel your travel plans.
- It may reimburse nonrefundable pre-payments and/or deposits.
- It may cover emergency medical expenses if the you purchase a more comprehensive plan.
- It may cover miscellaneous expenses caused by travel delays, such as transportation and lodging expenses or, if baggage is delayed, the purchase of essential items.
- It can also protect against lost, stolen or damaged baggage.
- It typically costs 5 to 7 percent of the total trip cost.